TOPGREENER and Enerlites motion-sensing systems are easy to use and install in both commercial and residential applications. We carry a wide range of options — all of which feature a one-year warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Explore our catalog below to learn more about our motion sensor systems and the benefits they can have for your property.
Motion Detecting Options
Making sense of the various motion detecting systems on the market today can be confusing. Here are some of the main things you need to know to make an informed purchase:
• PIR vs. Ultrasonic: Passive infrared (PIR) and ultrasonic are the two main types of detection methods used in home motion sensors. Passive infrared sensors work by detecting infrared light that radiates from objects, these tend to work best in enclosed spaces. On the other hand, ultrasonic sensors use sound waves to detect motion, and they tend to work best in partitioned rooms. Many home motion sensors utilize both technologies and allow you to select between the two to achieve the best performance — or run both at the same time to avoid false triggers.
• Ceiling vs. Wall Mount: We sell motion sensors that install in a standard 1-gang switch box and standalone units that mount to the ceiling. Most units contain manual switches that allow you to override the sensor when necessary.
• Humidity Sensors: Our humidity sensors install in the bathroom, automatically activating the ceiling fan when moisture levels reach a certain point, preventing mold and mildew buildup that can damage your home. Select products combine a humidity sensor with a PIR motion detector for control over lighting, too.
For detailed specifications, please visit individual product pages.
Benefits Of A Home Motion Sensor
Humidity sensors and security motion sensors are small upgrades that offer a wide range of advantages. They can provide:
• Convenience: Motion sensors are ideal for the kitchen, garage, laundry room, or anywhere else in the home where people frequently come and go with their hands full.
• Safety: Motion sensors are more than just convenient. By lighting your way in a crowded space, they can help prevent accidental stumbles and falls.
• Security: Motion sensors also alert you when someone else is passing through your space and can deter potential intruders when you’re not home.
• Savings: Motion sensors can be configured to turn off automatically when you leave the room, ensuring you never accidentally leave a light on, lowering your energy usage and saving you money in the process.
Most home security motion sensors mount into a standard light switch slot or on the ceiling. Installing one takes only a few minutes, although some products do require a neutral wire and, as a result, should be left to professional electricians.
Quality Home Motion Sensor Systems
Whether you use your motion sensor for safety, savings, or home security, you can count on Top Greener for superior quality at a great price. As a longstanding partner to leading contractors and designers, we know how important it is to deliver on our promises. Shop our online store today for fast shipping or get in touch with a customer service representative to learn how we can help with your next project.